Is there a way to only use jqGrid?

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I am new to MVC so I am not vary familiar with plugins like this work. I want to try and use this to implement jqGrid on my MVC5 application but your plugin includes a lot of other things besides jqGrid. Is it possible to install this in some way that only installed jqGrid or that the additional items included in the plugin will not override the stock MVC functions?
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Hi,

I must say that I'm confused by your question. The Lib.Web.Mvc library brings only additional functionality to ASP.NET MVC, nothing is being overridden. Can you described an example of what you are afraid of?

Regards,
Tomasz Pęczek
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM
The description of the plugin on your main page states "Lib.Web.Mvc is a library which contains some helper classes for ASP.NET MVC such as strongly typed jqGrid helper, XSL transformation HtmlHelper/ActionResult, FileResult with range request support, custom attributes and more." so what I am worried about is this overriding the functions of the stock ActionResult, FileResult, and what ever might be under "and more". I don't have a specific example as I have not installed this plugin yet, I want to make sure it is safe to install without it overriding any default behaviors of MVC5
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM
You don't need to worry about anything. ASP.NET MVC is extensible by desing and all what this library does is extending, nothing is being overridden. For example you are being given five new action results (FileResult is an ActionResult also):
  • XmlActionResult
  • RangeFileResult
  • RangeFileContentResult
  • RangeFilePathResult
  • RangeFileStreamResult
which extends the list of action results already available in ASP.NET MVC.

Anything that this library brings (action results, action filters etc.) is an extension to the ASP.NET MVC framework, nothing else - if you want to use it you need to explicity do so.
Dec 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Thanks, that is good to know.