Error on compilation: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. jqGrid

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

In 1 of my requirement i need to implement editable grid in MVC (Razor view) so i have downloaded jqGrid_in_ASP.NET_MVC_3_-_Strongly_Typed_Helper.zip example but when i am trying to exectute on my local system it is giving me below errors

1. The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. jqGrid

2. Error 2 The command ""D:\VikramData\All_CRs\Third Party Controls\SampleProject\jqGrid_in_ASP.NET_MVC_3_-_Strongly_Typed_Helper\.nuget\nuget.exe" install "D:\VikramData\All_CRs\Third Party Controls\SampleProject\jqGrid_in_ASP.NET_MVC_3_-_Strongly_Typed_Helper\jqGrid\packages.config" -source "" -o "D:\VikramData\All_CRs\Third Party Controls\SampleProject\jqGrid_in_ASP.NET_MVC_3_-_Strongly_Typed_Helper\packages"" exited with code 1. jqGrid

any guidance much appreciated. Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hi,

The error suggests that there is an issue when NuGet tries to communicate with the server. The solution is using NuGet Package Restore functionality so all the required packages are buind downloaded with the first build.

Regards,
Tomasz Pęczek

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Thanks for ur reply, but what is the solution for this ?

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

There are two ways out of this. First is to figure out what in your machine/network is preventing NuGet from working. Second is to remove NuGet and download all the packages used by project and add them manually. Below you can find full list of external references used by projects in solution:

• jQuery (1.8.2)
  • Lib.Web.Mvc (6.1.0)